FROGMORE & SHERFORD PARISH COUNCIL
A vacancy exists in the office of Parish Councillor for the Frogmore Ward of Frogmore and Sherford Parish Council.
The role of the council can be broadly stated as to improve the quality of life for parishioners. The councillors’ role is to represent the whole electorate and reflect the views of the parishioners as to what needs to be done to achieve improvement. The most important part of being a councillor is ordinary day to day contact with local people in the community.
Councillors’ duties include:
- Attending council meetings, and
- Contributing to debate at the meetings and being part of the team in making decisions,
- Being in day to day contact with the community; listening to and understanding the opinions of people,
- Observing the code of conduct,
- Being an ambassador for the community,
- Representing the council at other local government meetings and reporting back,
- Ceremonial, e.g. attending the annual Remembrance Parade,
- Keeping up to date with training.
A co-opted councillor will normally serve until the next election due in 2023.
Interested? If you would like to talk to any of the current councillors these are:
2 Homefield Cottages, Sherford, TQ7 2AT
01548 531618 07918 052987
5 Willows Close, Frogmore, TQ7 2NY
The Old Cider Press, Mill Court, Chillington, TQ7 2PB
01548 531872 07968 905373
Stonesettle, Frogmore, TQ7 2NR
2 Marine Cottages, Frogmore, TQ7 2NR
01548 531025 07870 662067
The Pound House, Sherford, TQ7 2AT
01548 532952 07933 131126
Hill Brook, Sherford, TQ7 2AX
01548 531030 07568 355570
Chair, Frogmore and Sherford Parish Council